Traditional Kitchen Design Project: Classic Beauty Transformed
Traditional kitchen design project
It’s true the that kitchen is the heart of every home. Families gather in this central location on a daily basis to share meals and memories to that will last a lifetime. Kitchen and bathroom design and remodeling support is one of our favorite projects at HER Home Design LLC, so we are excited to share with you this new traditional kitchen, laundry and powder room design and remodel project.
This busy executive couple with five dogs lives in a single-family, custom home built in 1998. It features more than 6,400 sq. ft. with three bedrooms and 3.5 baths. The home sits on more than 45-acres and is surrounded by a beautiful wooded lot in a popular west Indianapolis area suburb.
The Design Challenge
Built in the ’90s, this home had *almost* everything the lady of the house wanted. The HUGE kitchen with attached eat-in area overlooks the sprawling tree-lined grounds and provides relaxation and privacy. The traditional style of the cabinetry was gorgeous and in decent shape, but the space felt very dark, somewhat outdated and lacked the organization and creature comforts the couple longed to have from their previous home.
Adjacent to the kitchen on the northwest side of the home is a laundry room and powder room with the same dark cabinetry that just did not fit the owner’s style. There was no formal mud-room area and the dogs needed a space to chow down without making a mess in the kitchen. The flooring was outdated and needed a refresh.
Here are a couple of images to what the kitchen looked like before:
With a healthy budget and a ton of great ideas from the homeowners, we got right to the drawing board and were excited to present our design plan for the makeover to the family. Our design plan included the following items:
- A super functional chef’s kitchen that could service the entire family with storage and entertainment comforts
- A contemporary and classic design that felt cozy and fit-in well with the home’s traditional design style
- A redesigned island and custom pantry complete with a wine fridge and interior lighting
- Ceramic tile floors with heat
- New paint scrubbable paint in a calm, relaxing tone
- Brand new cabinetry with in-drawer lighting and cabinetry lighting above and below
- A larger kitchen sink and prep sink with touch faucet
- All new plumbing fixtures including a pot-filler over the stove
- State-of-the-art luxury appliances complete with a warming drawer and glass-front refrigerator
- Luxury granite countertops
- New LED overhead recessed lighting
- New pendant lighting over the island
- Tile backsplash
- Custom wallpaper in the powder room
- Tile walls and custom shelving in the laundry room
The Final Kitchen and Laundry Design & Remodel Project
The homeowners and their doggies are absolutely thrilled with the finished projects. They love the design of the space and lady of the house enjoys relaxing after a long day in her beautiful kitchen with nice warm floors. There’s room in the newly functional laundry for the dogs to eat and not make a mess in the main living spaces and the powder room welcomes guests with its charming, comfortable style. It’s light, bright and most of all… functional!
Here’s a video at the finished traditional kitchen design and remodel project:
Photos of the finished powder room and laundry room:
Photo Credit: The Home Aesthetic
Every house needs a little of ‘HER’ to make it a home.
Love our work? Want to learn more about affordable kitchen and laundry room design services with HER? Want to book your interior design consultation with the HER Home Design team? Book online or call us at 317-744-9849 for an interior design or kitchen and bath project review.
- Client Executive Couple Who Works From Home
- Date March 29, 2020
- Tags Affordable Interior Design, Architecture, Bathroom Design and Remodeling, Design, Home Makeover, Interior Design, Kitchen Design and Remodeling