Luxury Master Bathroom Remodel Project: Classic, Timeless Spa Master Bath
Luxury master bathroom remodel.
Who doesn’t want to come home to a relaxing, serene master bathroom complete with heated floors and a large tub for soaking the cares of the day away? Bathroom design and remodeling support is one of our favorite projects at HER Home Design LLC. We’re excited to share with you this new luxury master bathroom remodel.
This family of five lives in a single-family, custom home built in 1986. It features almost 5,000 sq. ft. with four bedrooms and 4.5 baths. The home sits on a beautiful wooded lot nestled nicely into the end of a cul-de-sac in a popular Indianapolis area suburb.
With three school-aged kiddos who have tons of extra-curricular activities and parents with super busy schedules to match, a place to relax and get away was a must for on-the-go mom.
Although it was large with great natural light, the existing master bathroom was dark inside, outdated, lacked storage and was not very functional for the family’s daily life.
There had also been some previous water damage so the ceiling was in disrepair and the drywall around the wet spaces started to peel. There was a soaker tub, but getting in was clunky and all the plumbing fixtures were deteriorating.
Here’s a VIDEO of what the old bathroom looked like before:
With a decent-sized budget and a ton of great ideas from the homeowners, we got right to the drawing board and were excited to present our design plan for the makeover to the family. Our design plan included the following items:
- A super functional master bathroom that could service the entire family with storage for extra personal care items and toiletries
- A “spa-like” design that felt cozy and fit-in well with the home’s traditional design style
- A redesigned private, recessed shower with no doors, a seat and plenty of niches
- Ceramic tile floors with heat
- New paint scrubbable paint in a calm, relaxing tone
- Brand new cabinetry with an additional floor-to-ceiling cabinet near the tub for extra storage
- His and hers vanities and new sinks
- All new plumbing fixtures
- Extra large clawfoot soaking tub with a vintage feel
- Granite countertops with “leathered” finish
- A toilet paper holder with room for three rolls
- New LED overhead recessed lighting
- New lighting in the attached master closet
- LED vanity lighting
The Final Bathroom Remodel Project
The homeowners and their children were thrilled with the new bathroom. They love the design of the space and mom enjoys relaxing after a long day in her new soaking tub. There’s room in the newly functional master bathroom for toiletries, personal care items and extra toilet paper is right at their finger tips. It’s light, bright and most of all… functional!
Here’s a look at the finished bathroom remodel project:
Photo Credit: Structured Photography and HER Home Design team
Every house needs a little of ‘HER’ to make it a home.
Love our work? Want to learn more about affordable interior design services with HER? Want to book your interior design consultation with the HER Home Design team? Book online or call us at 317-744-9849 for an interior design or kitchen and bath project review.
- Client Busy family of five in suburban Indianapolis
- Date December 9, 2018
- Tags Affordable Interior Design, Bathroom Design and Remodeling, Design, Home Makeover, Interior Design, Kitchen Design and Remodeling