Interior Design Project + Bathroom Remodel: Elegant High-End Home Makeover
As a combined group of interior designers and home decorators, no one loves a home makeover as much as the HER Home Design team. When we got the call about this new home interior design and home decor project, we were THRILLED to jump right in!
Our primary client for this home makeover was a mom of a busy family of four with one adult son in college and a young adult daughter in her last years of high school. She and her husband both worked many hours in the medical field.
The family had recently moved up into a larger home almost double the size of their last home. The 5 bedroom, 4 bath residence was super spacious boasting more than 6,000 sq. ft. and a beautiful in-ground swimming pool. It had great bones and a space for everyone, but it needed a ton of updates to make it comfortable for them to enjoy with their family and friends.
The HER team was called in to give the home’s main level a complete makeover with a fresh, up-to-date vibe.
The rooms in our project included the entry, home office, spiral staircase, two main floor powder rooms, formal living room, formal dining room, family room, sunroom and rear staircase.
We were charged with creating an interior design plan with consistent contemporary, elegant theme that connected all the rooms on the main level, but still allowed each room to have its own personality. Our clients wanted new paint and lighting, updated furniture, wrought iron balusters to replace the existing wooden ones, a powder room that WOW’d them and one that was more casual. We had our work cut out for us, indeed.
Check out a few of the before and after photos to your left.
We were so excited to present our interior design plan for the home makeover to the family. Our new plan included:
- Adding a textured grasscloth wallpaper to a wall in the home office and replacing the furniture with updated pieces and a beautiful light fixture
- Updating all the lighting on the main floor to LED fixtures – there were more than 40 recessed lights!
- Replacing the wooden spindles with wrought iron balusters and adding a fresh coat of high gloss to the banisters
- Painting the home office, formal living room, dining room, family room, both baths and the sunroom
- Highlighting the family’s prized African art piece, a bust, as the focal point in their living room
- Adding GORGEOUS, custom crown molding and hand-crafted chair rail in the sunroom and formal living room
- Installing an ENTIRE wall of glass ceramic tile in the north powder which made it completely GLAM!
- Making the guest bathroom feel bigger and brighter by laying white Carrera marble tile and painting the bathroom a soft Sea Salt green. Adding a strip of subway tile made the old peachy-colored bathroom feel updated and spa-like
- Creating a new fireplace fascia on the family room side by adding stacked stone and soft, comfy seating around the fireplace
- And lastly, making the family room an inviting place to relax and entertain by purchasing new, plush furniture and rearranging it to make it cozy
The Final Project
Here’s a look at the final home makeover project:
The family loved the final project and our team absolutely enjoyed our experience in making the family’s new house a HOME.
Every house needs a little of ‘HER’ to make it a home.
Love our work? Want to learn more about affordable interior design services with HER? Want to book your interior design consultation with the HER Home Design team? Book online or call us at 317-744-9849 for an interior design project review.
SHOP THIS LOOK: Love the elegant, contemporary style in this upscale home makeover? You can SHOP THE LOOK and get the pieces from this home in YOUR HOME NOW!
- Client Busy Medical Professionals
- Date March 17, 2014
- Tags Affordable Interior Design, Bathroom Design and Remodeling, Home Makeover, Interior Design
- URL View Project